Important Covid-19 Information for Patients Receiving Radiotherapy Treatment
Last updated 11 May 2020 2:29 p.m.
Information for Patients and Visitors Attending UPMC Hospitals:
Our UPMC Hospitals in Ireland are supporting the HSE during this COVID-19 crisis.
If you are a patient or a consultant operating out of one of our hospitals and you have a concern, please contact your consultants office directly or through the hospital on: 051 337400.
If you are due to attend a UPMC Hospital, please consider the following:
- In the past 14 days, have you been tested and/or treated for COVID-19?
- In the past 14 days, have you been in close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 and been advised to self-isolate?
- Do you currently have a new onset of respiratory symptoms, persistent cough or shortness of breath, and/or a fever?https://www2.hse.ie/conditions/coronavirus/symptoms.html
If you’ve answered yes to any of these questions, please contact us on 051 337400 in advance of your appointment. Do Not attend the Hospital.
We operate with your safety in mind. Our cleaning team cleans and sanitizes all high-touch items in public areas at least daily. With the onset of COVID-19, these regular cleanings are increased in our facilities.
For your safety we have implemented a number of precautionary measures in response to the COVID-19 crisis:
- Visiting restrictions are in place:
- Inpatient visiting is prohibited
- Outpatients should only be accompanied when strictly necessary.
- All patients on entry to the hospital will be required to:
- Perform hand hygiene
- Undergo an assessment for COVID-19 risk factors
- Social distancing measures are in place throughout the hospital
- Restaurant is open for take away service only
- On the day of your appointment you should attend no earlier than your appointed time.
We are committed to your safety. Thank you for your cooperation.